SPMT 430 - Week 14 Blog - In house Kids BJJ Competition
Over the weekend, 11/23/2024, my BJJ school hosted an in-house kids competition for all the Big Brother Affiliates in the area. Competing in a combat sport can be intimidating for new practitioners, especially for a solo sport such as Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Hosting an in-house competition so that all Big Brothers can compete is a great way to gain experience in a safe and friendly environment where all can gain competition experience and train simultaneously. My school, Centreville BJJ, has hosted in-house competitions before, once last year for the adults, and now this year for all of the school's kids classes. It was great seeing all of their parents cheer for their little ankle-biter kids. The room was crowded with parents, coaches, and lots of screaming kids. Being in the room, with all of the kids kind of made me realize that I may be not ready to have kids of my own... But I was happy to see all of the positive attitudes from all of the kids who were there to cheer on their siblings and friends. I was also glad that all of the kids had a positive attitude on their outcome, whether winning or losing, they all showed great sportsmanship. After their competition, the kids would gladly shake hands with their opponent, and get rested to be ready for the next round. There were some crying kids after losses, but I think it was from them being sorry to their coaches and parents for their loss. But everyone had a great attitude and consoled them that it was okay and that there would be other competitions in the future. This in-house competition is a learning experience for everyone new to the sport and is looking for experience in the BJJ Competition. I've competed before, and these in-house competitions that the Big Brother Affiliation hosts every year is a great way to train and gain experience for active competitors.
P.S. The Washington Commanders are on a 3 game skid, I hope they manage to turn the season around to end on a positive note. But every time we lose I remind myself everything about the team is essentially new. New owners, staff, coaches, and obviously players, but I am happy with the overall season because that is what I want out of the Washington team. Not a Superbowl winning season/year, but a good season that shows the team has improved and has a lot to show for the NFL and its fans.
Comments
Post a Comment