SPMT 430 - Week 10 Blog - World Series Games 1 & 2, LA Dodgers vs. NY Yankees
The start of the 2023-2024 MLB World Series started 10/25/2024 with both games 1 and 2 at Dodgers home stadium, giving them the hometown advantage to start the series. I do believe in home town advantages because the hometeam is fresh and is not in weary from traveling, as well as being in their comfort zone being at home. Not taking away from anything the Dodgers did, but boy were the two playing great games of baseball. With the LA Dodgers winning the first game of the series, it was definitely a momentum shift in their favor to continue the winning effort into game 2. In game 1, the NY Yankees were leading the game 3 - 2 until at the end, LA Dodgers Freddie Freedman scored a walk-off grand slam homerun, which was amazing to see because the sports commentators stated that it was the first in World Series history. I honestly thought the Yankees were going to take home game one, but this is sports and the championship series, anything can happen and everyone is fighting for the win. That is why I love watching sports because of the competitiveness that a championship game brings. Forward to the next day for game two, 10/26/2024, the Yankees are back and need a win to shift the momentum in their favor. Unfortunately, that didn't happen as the Yankees lost again to the Dodgers 2 - 4, and not for the lack of trying but in my opinion the Dodgers were riding the win of the previous night's game to get a consecutive win.
Plus the Dodger's pitcher, Yamamoto, was electric and delivered during game two to help the Dodgers win game two. Personally, I am not a fan of either team, but I do have favorite players on both teams who I like to watch because of their performance. For the LA Dodgers, I enjoy watching Shohei Ohtani because he plays with all of his effort every time, and his ability to hit home runs and steal bases is something extraordinary. As well as Yamamoto, his pitching to strike out the batter is in my opinion not to be underestimated. While on the NY Yankees, I like to watch Juan Soto because he used to be a Washington Nationals player, and I am a Washington Nationals fan, he did help with the team winning their first-ever World Series Championship back in 2019. Overall, after watching both games 1 and 2 this years World Series looks to be an exciting matchup filled with amazing gameplay.
Comments
Post a Comment