SPMT 430 - Week 11 Blog - World Series: Dodgers Win!
What a great sports week if you're from the World Series to my favorite team, the Washington Commanders. First off, after watching the LA Dodgers win the first two games of the World Series, I had a good feeling they were going to take home the championship. My feelings were solidified when they won the third game on the New York Yankees' home turf in game 3 in dominant fashion. When I was watching game four, and saw that the Yankees won, I wasn't worried about the Dodgers losing the World Series because watching that game felt like a pity win for them. It was as if the Dodgers said, "We're okay, let them have one on the board so they don't look too bad." Going into game 5 and watching how the Dodgers overcame the Yankee's 5 - 0 lead to win the World Series was hilarious. After watching the fifth inning, I knew they would take home the championship win. It all started tipping into the Dodger's favor when Aaron Judge made a misplay in the fifth inning and let a player hit first or second base. What was funnier was watching the fans' reactions in the stadium after each batter kept getting on bases. After that, it was like an avalanche of momentum in the Dodger's favor to take the lead and win the MLB World Series. Sometime after last the big game of the World Series, there was a scouting report or an interviewer who interviewed the Dodgers team to ask them what was their strategy going into the World Series against the Yankees. Their answer was, and I am summarizing here, "to get the ball into play and play baseball" Simple as that, I wondered what the coach meant by that. He then goes on to state that the Yankees value big talent and big-name players over the fundamentals of baseball, so their strategy was to simply play a game of baseball, and that the Yankees will self-implode onto themselves to lose the game. After watching game five, I can honestly say that the Dodgers coach definitely knew what he was talking about because after watching the game after the fifth inning, there is some sense/truth to what the Dodgers coach said.
Comments
Post a Comment