SPMT 430 - Week 13 Blog - My BJJ Gym 7th year Anniversary

 Over the weekend of 11/16/2024 was my Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gym's, Centreville BJJ, 7th anniversary of being open, and was an event that invited all of the Big Brother Affiliated schools in the area to join as an open training session as well as belt promotions. In the previous gym class session we did stripe promotions, where individual who put in the hard work to train, learn, and put in the effort at practice is recognized for their efforts with a stripe on their belts. A stripe is usually seen as a benchmark for year(s) of effort and training within that belt level. I have earned my fourth stripe on my blue belt for training at the blue belt level for about 2-3 years. Over the weekend, the gym promoted a staggering 5 people to the blue belt level and 1 person to the purple belt level, above the blue belt. As for stripes, there were about 20 + individuals, including myself that have earned a stripe on their belt, showing their diligence to stick with the gym and the sport and recognizing their hard work ethic to continue training within the gym. I couldn't be more prouder of my teammates and colleagues who I train with daily, always striving to make each other better than yesterday. 

There was a conversation I had with a teammate and colleague that he was wondering why I hadn't get promoted to a purple belt yet. I told him that our teammate who did get promoted to the purple belt was leaving for the Air Force boot camp in December and he has been working his butt off to earn his promoted belt. I still feel like I have a lot to improve and show at the blue belt level, and I am okay with sticking with my blue belt. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon and will continue to work on my training to be a better blue belt. In the mean time, I will do my best, or work even harder to submit the purple belts in my team to show I have what it takes to be at their level. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPMT 430 - Week 10 Blog - World Series Games 1 & 2, LA Dodgers vs. NY Yankees

SPMT 430 - Week 9 Blog - Washington Commanders Recap Vs. the Baltimore Ravens and Carolina Panthers

SPMT 430 - Week 11 Blog - World Series: Dodgers Win!