SPMT - Week 5 - Shohei Ohtani 50-50 club

My main team is the Washington Nationals because I grew up in the DMV area. I am by no means an avid baseball fan, but I enjoy watching a game once in a while. I definitely fall into the category of watching baseball as America's favorite pastime for casual sports viewing. I know enough about baseball on the surface level of the sport to enjoy it and understand what I am watching while the game is played, but not at an in-depth level. When I heard about the Los Angeles Dodgers acquiring Shohei Ohatani, I knew that team would be playoff-bound. I became a fan of the player himself when he was with the Angels, hitting home runs like they were so easy anybody could do it. He is a high-quality player, with a great personality on and off the diamond, and there is nothing that you can do to make people "NOT" like the man. When I heard this 2024-2025 season Shohei Ohtani was on track to be the first person in the 50-50 club, I had no idea what that meant until I looked it up. Apparently, the 50-50 club in baseball is a player who has stolen 50 bases and hit 50 home runs in a single season. Shohei Ohtani did just that and became the first player in MLB history to achieve such a feat. Everyone was ecstatic and elated for Shohei, including myself because that is no easy task to perform in professional baseball. I also would like to note that during the post-game interview with the opposing team's head coach, the Miami Marlins Skip Shcumaker, he was asked why he didn't just walk him to first base. He said, "“F*** that. I’ve got too much respect for this guy for that s*** to happen.” 

He played against Shohei with integrity and I can respect that as a coach and player. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SPMT 430 - Week 10 Blog - World Series Games 1 & 2, LA Dodgers vs. NY Yankees

SPMT 430 - Week 9 Blog - Washington Commanders Recap Vs. the Baltimore Ravens and Carolina Panthers

SPMT 430 - Week 11 Blog - World Series: Dodgers Win!